Universal Smart Cards (the 'Organisation') recognizes the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly. As an organization, we encourage and enable recycling. We aim to achieve the following:
- Reduce the amount of waste going to landfills by recycling wherever possible. This will be achieved by increasing the variety of recycling bins we currently hold across the organization. When disposal is the only option we will dispose of materials in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Where possible, re-use the packaging of our receivable goods and use them for packaging our transportable goods.
- Encourage all staff to be more aware of our environment while recycling. Recycling bins are clearly identified in the workplace to ensure they are sorted correctly to avoid cross contamination. Any waste products on glass and plastic objects are cleaned off by rinsing them with cold water.
- Recycle any no longer used office furniture by donating it for re-sale at local charity shops rather than disposing of it.
- Be compliant with The Waste Electric and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations 2013 when recycling and/or disposing of electrical goods.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors on request and is made available to the public.